CADE works with a select team of consultants that specialize in agricultural technical assistance, business planning and other relevant topics and issues for regional farmers. Such topics include:
- Business Plan Development
- Accessing Capital
- Scaling up
- Planning for Wholesale
- Food Safety & Quality Control
- Equipment Sharing & Cooperative Management Models
- Social Media and Webpage Design
- Brand Identity, Advertising & Packaging
JOIN OUR CONSULTING BENCH
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following
- Letter of interest detailing why you would like to join CADE's extended team
- A resume providing your qualifications
- Work samples (links or PDFs only, please)
CADE JOB OPPORTUNITY: VALUE CHAIN FACILITATOR
The Center for Agricultural Development & Entrepreneurship (CADE) is currently seeking a VALUE CHAIN FACILITATOR to increase farm revenues through the introduction of regional products and producers to new buyers in Upstate New York, New York City, and other sub/urban markets. The ideal buyer reflects the farm to table movement with an emphasis on supporting small farmers. In addition, buyers should:
- Maximize use of seasonal products;
- Know their pricing requirements; and
- Be willing to build producer relationship through productive feedback.
The successful candidate will be confident but personable; highly organized and self-motivated; and possess a familiarity with both farm products and urban market trends. Knowledge of farm to table restaurants and retailers, plus the ability and resources to research and qualify new sales targets, is preferred.
Requirements & Duties
- Research and develop targeted lists of potential buyers along and near the existing Lucky Dog Hub routes to facilitate transport of product
- Explore new route opportunities for additional transport.
- Sample farm products and provide details to the producer for follow-up
- Complete weekly reports
- Analyze market research to facilitate sales opportunities
- Identify farm and food business funding opportunities to expand agricultural economic development
Knowledge and experience compiling research.
Sales and product promotion experience.
Excellent communication skills.
Personable and flexible.
Excellent organization skills.
Salary commiserate with experience.