CADE Seeking New Executive Director
The Center for Agricultural Development and Entrepreneurship (CADE) in Oneonta, NY, invites applications for its Executive Director position. We seek individuals with knowledge of the current small scale farm and food industry and a desire to further the agenda of sustainable agricultural development in Upstate New York. The Executive Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the organization’s operations and overseeing the work of direct reports as well as several outside consultants. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree and significant management experience or related activity in the food and farm sector consisting of program development, grant writing and reporting, and budget and personnel management. Demonstrated success with fundraising and state, federal and foundation grant writing is preferred.
CADE is a small not-for-profit organization whose mission is to increase the number and diversity of successful farm enterprises and related businesses in the Catskills, Mohawk Valley and Southern Tier Regions of New York State. Established in 1991, CADE works to increase the "Triple Bottom Line" of agricultural development by:
- Increasing profit margins of farm business,
- Promoting sound environmental production practices,
- Engendering positive social outcomes such as job creation, generational farm transition, and enhanced health benefits.
CADE delivers programming and resources through a network of agricultural entrepreneurs and specialists to serve the diverse needs of our farming community. CADE’s core principles and values include: sustainability, collaboration, inclusion and innovation. For an overview of our Programs, Opportunities and Events, visit www.cadefarms.org.
CADE is an Equal Opportunity Employer who offers health benefits to its full-time employees and their families including domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, gender, disability, sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, and the position will remain open until filled, although preference will be given to applications received by January 24, 2018.
CADE works with a select team of consultants that specialize in agricultural technical assistance, business planning and other relevant topics and issues for regional farmers. Such topics include:
- Business Plan Development
- Accessing Capital
- Scaling up
- Planning for Wholesale
- Food Safety & Quality Control
- Equipment Sharing & Cooperative Management Models
- Social Media and Webpage Design
- Brand Identity, Advertising & Packaging
JOIN OUR CONSULTING BENCH
- Send an email to email@example.com containing the following
- Letter of interest detailing why you would like to join CADE's extended team
- A resume providing your qualifications
- Work samples (links or PDFs only, please)