The Farm & Food Business Incubator
EDUCATION + MENTORING + PROCESSING + NETWORKING = OPPORTUNITY
The Incubator provides business training and value-added product development facilities for new and developing farm and food entrepreneurs.
Do you need Incubator Services?
- Business planning
- Market planning
- Financial planning
- Access to capital
- Scaling up
- Planning for wholesale
- Food safety & quality control
- Online marketing & social media
- Branding, advertising & packaging
- Land access
- Legal support
- Other services, as necessary
RED MEAT & POULTRY PROCESSING: Fee-based slaughter and processing services available August 2016.
COMMERCIAL KITCHEN: Small-scale value-added processing for canned and fresh products.
CREAMERY: Product development and processing of your local milk available spring 2017.
Incubator participants gain access to mentors, consultants and special services available through CADE.
EDUCATION & NETWORKING
These events have been developed specifically for Incubator participants but are open to the entire farm and food business community. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL EVENTS.
- Mon., Oct. 3: Added Value Dairy Track Session 1 - Determining your Dairy Product Mix
- Tues., Oct. 4: Marketing Session 1 - Creating a Brand Identity and Message
- Tues., Oct. 18: Marketing Session 2 - Packaging and Website Development
- Thurs., Oct. 20: Added Value Dairy Session 2 – Marketing Options for your Dairy Product Mix
- Fri., Oct. 21: Quickbooks Session 1- Introduction, Invoicing & Payment Systems
- Tues., Oct. 25: Marketing Session 3 - Social Media
- Wed., Nov. 2: Farm Commons: Legal Session for Small Farm & Food Business
- Mon., Nov. 14: Quickbooks Session 2- Tracking Inventory, Production, & Markets
- Tues., Nov. 15: Added Value Dairy Track Session 3 – Packaging for your Dairy Product Mix
- Wed., Nov. 16: Quickbooks Session 3- Report Analysis & Profitability
- Fri., Dec. 2: Grant Writing Basics
- Sat., Jan. 28: Planning Session 1 - The Business Plan
- Sat., Feb. 4: Planning Session 2 - The Marketing Plan
- Sat., Feb. 11: Planning Session 3 - The Financial Plan
CLICK HERE for a full listing of educational opportunities throughout the region.
CLICK HERE to register for one or multiple events listed above.
The Farm & Food Business Incubator is a partnership of SUNY Cobleskill and CADE, with funding support from the Mohawk Valley consolidated funding program.