Small Ruminants for Beginners (Goats and Sheep)
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Are you interested in raising your own sheep or goats? Join us for a class on starting out with small ruminants in the Hudson Valley. This class will be held on February 6 and repeated on February 28.
Sheep and goats can provide meat, fiber, and friends! Whether you are interested in starting a 4-H project, would like to clear some brush from your backyard, or would like to start selling fiber, meat, or stock, this class will cover all the basics to get your operation off the ground.
CCE Livestock Educator, Jason Detzel will teach an overview of:
- Housing, feeding, and watering needs
- Best practices for goat health and management
- Weather and predator concerns
- Biosecurity and parasite control
- Marketing your animals
- General rules and regulations for keeping goats
Registration fee: $20/person, or $10/person for Ag Program enrollees, with children 12 and under free with an adult (for more information on Ag Enrollment click here).
Questions? Contact Carrie at 845-340-3990 x311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.