Join Capital Roots and the Steering Committee of the Greater Capital Region Food System Assessment for a series of roundtable discussions to address barriers and identify opportunities to strengthen the local food economy.
At these events, local food producers, farmers, and processors will:
- discuss barriers to growth and find solutions
- network with other producers and buyers over lunch
- connect with regional organizations offering resources to producers, such as upcoming GAP readiness and FSMA trainings
Participating in this event will inform research for the Greater Capital Region Food System Assessment, which will be published in December 2018. The Assessment will ultimately help small/medium-sized farms identify opportunities to expand to new markets in the Greater Capital Region while also supporting increased access to healthy foods in low-income urban and rural communities.
Dates & Locations:
All events are from 11am to 2pm. Lunch will be provided.
- SUNY Cobleskill in Cobleskill, NY - Monday, January 29
- Capital District Regional Farmers Market in Menands, NY - Thursday, February 8
- Columbia-Greene Community College in Hudson, NY - Monday, February 12
- Washington County Fairgrounds in Greenwich, NY- Thursday, February 15
Contact Marissa at Capital Roots with questions.