- Friday, August 25, 2017, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday, August 26, 2017, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
This two-day hands-on clinic will provide you with the practical skills to implement a rotational grazing system on your property. Rotational grazing can increase your profits by:
- Lowering your feed costs
- Improving your pastures
- Decreasing farm labor
- Producing healthier animals
The clinic will be divided into 2 parts:
- August 25: Classroom portion of the clinic at CCE Ulster County (232 Plaza Road in Kingston)
- August 26: Farm visit (address to be announced after registration).
NOTE: You’re not required to attend both the class and farm visit, and registration pays for both, but you must attend the class August 25 class to attend the August 26 farm visit.
Join livestock educator Jason Detzel, in cooperation with guest speakers, to explore the topic of rotational grazing and how you can utilize this tool to improve the efficiency of your operation and the overall health of your animals. This 2-day clinic will cover:
- The advantages of rotational grazing vs. traditional free-range models
- Planning a system that works for your particular property
- Infrastructure and management
- Calving and breeding considerations
- Water and forage management
- Use of stockpiling forage for winter
Registration per person is $20 or just $10 for 2017 CCEUC Agriculture Program Enrolled members. Children 12 and under free with an adult. For more information on ag enrollment click here.