- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Are you interested in raising your own chickens for meat or egg production? Join us to learn about starting out with chickens in the Hudson Valley. Chickens can provide eggs, meat, and fun!
The class instructor is CCE Livestock Educator, Jason Detzel, who has multiple years of chicken raising experience with both laying hens and meat breeds of all kinds. Whether you're thinking of raising a few chickens in your backyard or starting your own chicken-based enterprise, this class will cover it all, including:
- housing and feeding needs,
- health management,
- weather and predator concerns,
- using mobile chicken tractors and egg mobiles and how they can fit into your operation, and more.
Registration fee: $20/person, or $10/person for 2017 CCEUC Agriculture Program Enrolled members.
For more information or help registering contact contact Carrie at 845-340-3990 x311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.