- Thursday, October 26, 2017, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday, October 28, 2017, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Join our Livestock Educator, Jason Detzel, for this hands-on two-part course geared towards the home flock farmer and aspiring small-scale commercial grower.
Friday, October 26 from 10 am – 2 pm:
CCE Ulster, 232 Plaza Road in Kingston
Participants will learn the rules and regulations of processing in New York, HCAAP regulations, biosecurity, and current best practices, marketing, pricing and labeling.
Sat., October 28 from 8 am - 2 pm:
Farm Visit and Hands-on Practicum
Chatham (Columbia County) - specific address will be sent to attendees)
Participants will learn how to humanely, cleanly and efficiently process poultry, how to run a poultry processing line, quality control, bagging poultry, composting offal, and analyzing faults in the grow out and processing procedure.
- Learn about Poultry Processing: Although this specific workshop will utilize turkeys for demonstration purposes, the information in this course can be easily applied to all species and classes of poultry
- Take home a turkey! Participants will have the option of purchasing a farm-raised turkey at the completion of the course.
Registration is $80 per person, which includes both days. Sorry, no refunds. If you cannot attend please have someone come in your place.
IMPORTANT: All attendees must read and adhere to these Guidelines for Attendees.
Two ways to register:
- Register online at https://reg.cce.cornell.edu/Turkey-Processing_251.
- By mail or fax using this printable registration form.
For more information, contact Carrie at 845-340-3990 x311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Ulster County provides equal program and employment opportunities. Contact our office at 845-340-3990 if you have any special needs.
Fee: $80/person, which covers both days and all materials