FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR FARMERS
There are multiple funding opportunities for farms and farm businesses currently available as well as coming down the pike. Please check the CADE website: www.cadefarms.org to see updated grant opportunities for farmers and farm and food businesses.
Southern Tier Agricultural Industry Enhancement Program (STAIEP) Grant:
Grants are available through all Southern Tier Soil and Water Conservation District Offices for financial assistance to implement part/s of a farm business plan or environmental plan that will increase farm production, enhance profitability and / or increase environmental sustainability of the farm operation.
Grants are up to $50,000 with a 10% match, or up to $100,000 with a 25% match.
For purposes of the STAIEP grant, Southern Tier Counties include: Delaware, Broome, Chenango, Chemung, Steuben, Schuyler, Tompkins, Cattaraugus, Allegany, Cattaraugus, and Tioga.
Application deadline: March 7, 2016 for round 1.
Round 2 deadline: September 19, 2016
Round 3 deadline: March 6, 2017
Round 4 deadline: September 18, 2017.
These funds are granted on a first come first serve basis.
Business plans required with applications.
For more information, contact your local Soil and Water district.
Delaware County farmers: email email@example.com immediately for the RFP and to verify eligibility. Or call: 607.865.7161
Southern Tier Upstate Revitalization Initiative (URI) Grants
The Southern Tier was one of three Upstate Regional winners of Cuomo’s Upstate Revitalization Initiative. Each of the three selected regions will be awarded $500 million over the next 5 years to reboot Upstate New York’s economy. Food and Agriculture is an explicit target of the URI funding goals.
For more information, go here: http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/content/southern-tier
If you have a shovel ready food or farm project and are seeking a grant to match private funds, go here: http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/genericcfa/southern-tier-priority-project-request-form
For more information regarding the URI priorities and application process, contact your county’s economic development office.
Priority projects are sought immediately.
For purposes of the URI funds, the Southern Tier includes the following counties: Delaware, Broome, Chenango, Chemung, Steuben, Schuyler, Tioga, and Tompkins
Delaware County Farmers and Food Entrepreneurs, for more info, contact Delaware County Economic Development Office: 607.746.8595
DELAWARE COUNTY MICRO-ENTERPRISE GRANT
The Delaware County Economic Development Office is offering another round of Micro-Enterprise Grants (MEG) for 2016. The RFP will be out by the end of February 2016 with a one month turn around for application deadlines. Grants are up to $35K with a 50% match.
At least half of all MEG grants are slotted for new farms and farm businesses.
Business plans are required. CCE Delaware and CADE will be hosting business planning workshops prior to the grant deadline.
CCE Delaware: 607.865.6531 or www.ccedelaware.org
CADE: 607.433.2545 or www.cadefarms.org
Call Lori Paulson for more information: 607.746.8595
Value-Added Dairy Producers Eligible for FREE Consulting!
NEW for 2016: With grant funding from the Community Foundation of South Central New York (CFSCNY), CADE is expanding its value-added dairy programming to include
- Workshops and events for area dairy farmers interested in starting or increasing their value-added production, including visits to on-farm micro-creameries, presentations by industry experts, and educational seminars to improve your business practices
- No-charge one-on-one consulting (ten hours per farm) to help you make a strategic step towards direct marketing your milk and dairy products. This technical assistance can range from business and marketing planning, product development, brand development, sales outreach and more. You may apply by printing this PDF or submitting your needs online
For more information, contact Lauren Melodia, CADE’s Dairy Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT TO WORK ON A FARM?
Learn how to seed a row crop, milk a cow, castrate a pig.
Or weed, feed, water as needed.
Work outside. Eat Healthfully. Learn real skills.
Call us to get placed on a farm today.
Let CADE connect you to a farm in need!
Please note: CADE will not be responsible for transportation or schedules of farm help. We are simply connecting farm workers to farms in need.
CAPITAL ACCESS LOAN PROGRAM FOR FARMERS
Catskill Mountaintkeeper is currently accepting applications for the Capital Access Agricultural Loan Program…
…A farmer-friendly program that provides loans with favorable rates and terms to qualifying farmers.
- buildings, and
- cash flow for orders in hand.
- Other uses are subject to evaluation and approval by the Capital Access Agricultural Loan Program Evaluation Committee.
SLOPE FARM SEEKS GRASS-FINISHED BEEF
Slope Farm is seeking good, grass-finished NY State beef from beef breeds for year-round purchase.
SLOPE FARM IS:
- An established producer of grass-fed beef.
- Working with other producers.
- Currently supplying 30 beef per month to the wholesale market.
- Looking to supply a growing market and provide access to other producers.
SLOPE FARM CAN:
- Offer guaranteed demand and premium pricing.
- Develop long-term purchasing relationships including options for forward contracting for good, grass-finished cattle.
- Add producers from the Catskills, Hudson Valley, and Finger Lakes Region.
Please contact Ken Jaffe at (917)543-0169 (cell), (607)746-6303 (home), or at email@example.com.
(NYS CFP) and CADE Present:
The HUFED Report:
linking farmers with consumers of all incomes
at farmer’s markets
This report has provided valuable information to support the development of Binghamton Farm Share (www.vinesgardens.org/
Click here to view the report!